Our Maycation break is over and we are back to school. But we are only teaching a few days here and there this month since May brings so many holidays and school field trips. That means I will only be in class for a total of two and a half weeks with a lot more desk warming in my down time.
Our trip to Seoul was exactly what we needed. 5 days of foreign food and wandering the city! Even as we found ourselves in the midst of a large protest not too far away from the Presidential House, our spirits could not be broken.
We have lots to catch up on with photos and video, so bear with us and we will be sure to use all of our free time in the upcoming weeks to finish it all up. In the meantime, enjoy some of our photos from our trip to Seoul!
- Walking along the Cheongyecheon River near Dongdaemun.
- Lanterns lit in honor of Buddha’s birthday to be celebrated later in May.
- The police line and some of the more peaceful protesters.
- The Dongdaemun Design Plaza finally opened last year!
- At the wine bar with friends in Itaewon.
- 32 cm tall ice cream in Myeongdong!
- Southern BBQ in Korea?!?!